The Sedona Verde Valley offers several convenient and inexpensive public transportation options for residents and visitors in addition to a variety of rental car options for those looking to explore the surrounding natural attractions.
Car Rentals, Parking, Taxis
Although many shops and restaurants are located within walking distance of the hotels, the best way to see all of the Sedona Verde Valley’s attractions, especially the natural attractions, is by car. Rental cars are available from national companies in Sedona, the Flagstaff Pulliam Airport, the Sky Harbor International Airport in Phoenix, and the McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas.
Red Rock Transportation provides private transport options for the airport, sightseeing, and errands.
Sedona Off-Road Center is a unique type of car rental company, offering off-roading car rentals for self-guided tours.
Parking in the Sedona Verde Valley is free, though you will need a Red Rock Pass to visit the Coconino National forest (available for $5 daily or $10 weekly).
Occasionally for events or during peak tourism season, parking along the storefronts on Hwy 89A in Uptown Sedona is limited. There is a free parking lot behind the Sedona Chamber of Commerce (331 Forest Road at Hwy 89A) or in the two-level lot behind Sinagua Plaza (270 N 89A).
Taxi services in the valley are available but limited.
Lynx Hours of Operation – Service 7 Days-a-Week
- Monday – Saturday 6:00 AM – 7:15 PM
- Sunday: 7:30 AM – 6:00 PM
- Expanded commuter service between Cottonwood and Sedona
- Free Park & Ride facilities at Garrison Park in Cottonwood and the Sedona Municipal Lot in Sedona.
- Riders can use Verde Lynx’s sister service in Cottonwood (CAT) to connect to Verde Lynx.
Cottonwood’s CAT bus service offers four routes that connect every 45 minutes at the Cottonwood Library. These bus routes service Clarkdale, Cottonwood, and the Verde Village. Purchase one-way or all-day passes. Click here to access a PDF route map, route fares, and schedule.
CAT Hours of Operation – Service 5 Days-a-Week
- The red, green, and blue routes run from 6:45 AM – 6:30 PM (mon-fri)
- The yellow route runs from 8:15 AM – 5:00 PM (mon-fri)
- Para-transport service is available for travelers with disabilities. Service is provided to locations that are within 3/4-mile of a fixed route bus stop. The services are shared-ride and require riders to make reservations by 5:00 p.m. the day before.