Summertime Films and Concerts in Sedona Verde ValleyEscape the heat with summer beats and film screenings. To help you navigate Sedona Verde Valley’s summer series of events, we’ve compiled some helpful information below:
A Medley of MusicFor live music venues, these local joints have performances throughout the week:
- Vino Di Sedona: Every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evening, local musicians and bands perform a range of genres. Check Vino Di Sedona’s event calendar, as there may be performances on other days of the week too.
- Dragonfly Club: Dance the night away every Friday and Saturday with local and regional musicians. Genres tend to be Latin, reggae, or classic rock.
- Old Sedona Family Restaurant Bar and Grill: If you want to take the stage yourself, swing by the weekly Monday night jam sessions at 9pm
- Main Stage: Music Art Community: Check out the weekly ‘Bottom Line Jam’ every Thursday at 7pm
- Sound Bites Grill: Local musicians as well as internationally acclaimed performers frequent this venue. Check out the event calendar for more information.
- 10-12 Lounge: Every first and third Tuesday of each month, check out Acoustic Jam with Martin and Mike
- Wynonna & the Big Noise: Five-time Grammy winner Wynonna Judd brings her fiesty new band, The Big Noise and her passionate country sound to Prescott for a powerful concert.
- Location: Yavapai College Performing Arts Center / Date: August 26 / Time: Starts at 7:30 PM / Tickets: $60-95
- Meadowlark Flute and Guitar: A part of the Sedona Gallery Association’s First Friday Art Walks, Sedona’s own Meadowlark performs captivating tunes. Influenced by Celtic, African, and Mediterranean music traditions, Meadowlark brings a unique sound with their original songs and covers of The Beatles, Norah Jones, Cat Stevens, and more.
- Location: Hillside Sedona / Date: August 5 and September 2 / Time: 5:00 PM to 7:30 PM / Free
The Silver Screen SceneThe Verde Valley Archaeology Center hosts the Summer Archaeology Film Festival. On Friday evenings at 6:30pm, catch free films in August in Sedona and Camp Verde. Feel like a modern-day Indiana Jones as films take you to the famed Lascaux caves in France or the Pyramid of Djoser—the oldest stone building in the world.
Celebrate independent film from around the world at the Sedona International Film Festival. Throughout August, the festival will screen a plethora of must-see movies at the Mary D. Fisher Theatre. For a calendar of all the screenings, click here.
Check out more of Sedona Verde Valley’s upcoming events here!